Monday, August 10, 2009

Introduction

I am a SAHM (stay at home mom), who is interested in doing everything she can to help the environment. Jolly Green Dad (JGD) is not as into being Green as I am, but for the most part he humors my "craziness." This blog is set up to help show people ways to "green" qualities to their lives, and to talk about my daily life. My hope is that this is not preachy, but simply a way of showing people how we can live our lives in a way that helps the environment. The key is to adding what you can to your life style and not going crazy. If you make yourself nuts trying to change your normal habits, it will be that much harder for you and your family. I have tried to add bits and pieces here there for my family. There is still so much I would like to do.

Some of my basics.

I cloth diaper my daughter. We use a selection of cloth diapers, including Bum Genius, Happy Heinys, Fuzzy Bunz and gDiapers. gDiapers are a "hybrid" diaper. I find that they work best for us when we're traveling. As much as I love my cloth diapers, I don't want to

worry about washing them when away on vacation. With gDiapers, I don't have to. I just flush or toss the insert and move on. I feel so much better about using these diapers then using traditional disposables, as I can't stand the thought of a diaper sitting in a landfill for 500 years.

Annie's Organic Buying Club is a great place to get produce if you live in South or Central Florida. I get a box of organic produce every other week and spend much less than I would at the store and the quality is great. I love this club, and am considering changing to weekly boxes instead of biweekly. There are only the three of us here, and JGD has a crazy work schedule, and isn't always home for dinner.


Welcome to my blog and my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. I love "talking" with other adults.

SwagBucks

Search Amazon