Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Birthday!


Today is my mother-in-law's birthday.  I wish that I could drop by and bring her a cake to celebrate.  I would love to bring her grandchildren by to visit her.  Even a phone call would be lovely.  Doing any of these things would be wonderful, but I can't.  Sadly, she left us 4 years ago.  5 and a half years ago she was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer.  While we had more time to spend with her than most with her diagnosis.  My children never met their grandmother and she never had the chance to meet them.

Addition:  I'm sorry for the downer of a post.  I just felt the need to talk about her today.  Sadly, she is not spoken about enough around the house.  And normally it's by me.  I wish that my husband would talk about her more and tell the kids, mostly Sprout right now, about his mom.  She was a great person (as was his father) and I think it's important that they know about her.  There is only so much I can tell them about her, but I do my best.  He has no problem keeping "stuff" from her house, but doesn't really talk about the memories or tell the kids stories about things they did.  I keep hoping that as they get older that will change.  We'll see.  Again, I'm sorry for the down post...


1 comment:

  1. I wish I could walk next door and wish my friend Sue, your mother-in-law, a happy birthday. Every time I walk outside to my car, I look next door and think about her. I also wish she could have met her grandchildren and I really hope Avi let's his children know what a great person she was. Happy Birthday Susie.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message. I love "talking" with other adults.

SwagBucks

Search Amazon