Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Where have I been?



Honestly, I've been a little overwhelmed by everything the past week or so.  I will say that we did a great job of sticking to our meal plan last week.  Then the weekend came.  This included Jolly Green Daddy's birthday.  This on it's own was enough to throw me off.  Though I knew it was coming, I didn't properly budget for his birthday, which meant that I was left looking for how we could make his restaurant of choice work.  Mind you, he really wanted to go to Texas de Brazil.  This would have been great, but for the fact that for birthdays the kids come along.  Small Fry is not really into sitting for long meals.  We are lucky to get him to sit through any meal.  I'm not going to say quietly because anyone who has met Small Fry knows that quiet is a not a word I would ever use to describe him!  We ended up at a local Italian restaurant.  The food was good as always, the kids were pretty well behaved, and as a bonus I got to watch the New Orleans - San Fran football game.  The only downside was that our waitress brought out the check before asking about dessert.  Jolly Green Daddy didn't want to deal with the hassle of trying to get her back, so we went home.  Sprout is still asking me about Daddy's cake...  He may not have had cake, but he did have these Cinnamon Rolls.

Picture courtesy of AllRecipes.com


Then came the Giants game.  I am a Giants fan at heart (even living in Dolphin's territory).  Now, if you saw this game, you might understand why I was distracted.  Especially, since, my meal plan for the week had ended.  I didn't have a new plan, and I'm kind of low on food.  Ugh.  I managed to feed the kids, but Jolly Green Daddy and I ended up with Five Guys.  Thankfully, we were on the cheap side for this dinner.  But now I am determined to eat at home for the rest of the month...  Wish me luck.



So the no food thing, and the 2 young kids at home thing have me thinking about the people who do Once a Month Shopping.  Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy has a great tutorial on doing this.  I'm still trying to decide if it will work for our family.  And with what I have left in the budget for this month, I'm thinking that I'm going to try and buy food to get us through the end of the month.  We also have a produce delivery next week.  This will be the biggest help for doing this kind of shopping.

I'm currently trying to plan out meals for the next two weeks.  Jolly Green Daddy would like to make sure we have a variety of foods for lunch.  I guess Cheese Quesadillas, Grilled Cheese and Macaroni and Cheese is too much cheese for my carnivore husband.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I have a list of ideas and things that I would like to make and freeze for easy lunches (and breakfasts too).  Hopefully, I will be able to make these over the next 2 weeks.  I'm sure that Sprout will be happy to help me out.

Add into that the fact that Jolly Green Daddy and I have discussed possible changes to our diets.  We are wondering if making some changes to our diets might help our overall health and well being.  Honestly, the idea of changing our diet further is really scary to me.  I'm already a vegetarian and we already have a Kosher home.  Further changes could make things even more intense (or intensive for me).  I think I've decided that we will wait until I can sit down with a doctor or nutritionist to really decide what will be best for us.

So now to go plan out the shopping I hope to get done tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. How did the week go? Lunches in our house have lots of cheese too!
    I decided for the new year I am going to try a new recipe every week ... I thought it would be a good way to try new things

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message. I love "talking" with other adults.

SwagBucks

Search Amazon