Monday, July 16, 2012

Making Progress

Last week, I listed the foods that we are not eating or trying to stay away from.  Many people, Jolly Green Daddy included, see that list and can't imagine what we area actually eating.

The most overwhelming part of this for me was to try to create a schedule that rotated the "mild foods" in and out of our diet.  For right now, we are trying to avoid them for the most part and 1 meal a week has had one peanuts, wheat, or dairy.  Last night Small Fry broke out in a rash, that looked like a burn, around his face as we ate Mario Batali's Penne with Cauliflower.  Honestly, I have no idea what caused the reaction, but for right now I'm thinking we will stay away from wheat products and see how things go.

We have been eating Gluten Free Pancakes, Green Smoothies, a lot of vegan/nearly vegan meals, goat's milk, sheep's yogurt, goat cheeses, lots of fruit, rice/nut crackers, and apple butter.  As I told you, I will try to give you an idea of what we are eating and include recipes.

Stir Fry

Stuffed portobello mushroom with brown rice, spinach, cranberries and goat cheese

Gluten Free Pancakes 
 I will share some more of what we are eating and recipes in future posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. I love "talking" with other adults.

SwagBucks

Search Amazon