Monday, November 7, 2011

Happy Birthday to me.

When I started the new blog, I felt that it better fit what I was trying to achieve by blogging.  Like so many other mothers, I am struggling with the need to do it all and do it "perfectly".  Well, I know that it can't be done perfectly, but still...  So, I began my quest to find the best me.  This is an adventure that will never end, and I'm prepared for it.  I, also, felt that I could use the blog to try to hold myself accountable for the things I am trying to accomplish.  A few days ago, I realized that the reason I hadn't posted anything to that blog recently, was because it didn't feel right.  So I decided to come back here.

Now, a couple things have changed since I took my "blogcation."  The biggest of these is that we have a new addition to our family.  Squeaker joined us on February 20th, 2011.  (I'll save the story of his birth for another day.  It's a good one.)
Squeaker, a few days old.
8 months

Sprout is now 3, almost 3 and a half.  Where has the time gone.  I can't believe my little itty baby has become such a little person.  Well, "big girl" as she calls herself.


Sprout's first Halloween.  (Dronkey from Shrek)

Sprout, age 3.  Cowgirl (like Jessie and Woody, not supermodel.)


The rest of the changes are mostly, within me.  As I mentioned above, I am trying to be a better me.  On Friday, I decided that this is an important objective for me over the next year.  I have decided if I want the world around me to be the best it can be, then I need to look at how I view the world differently.  Some of that means that I need to work on my physical surroundings, and some means it is time to work on how I think about things.

My goals for the next year:

Have a clean house, or at least one that can be company ready (without a dash and stash) within 15 minutes... Everything needs a place (even if it means leaving the house).  I plan to use the FlyLady strategies to do this.  I have found them to be a good way to start to integrate this into my life.  One of the things I love about this strategy, is that FLY actually stands for For Loving Yourself.

Get fit.  I don't care about the number on the scale (well not too much).  I want to feel like I'm in shape. I want to have energy to keep up with my kids.  I'm also debating trying to start running.  I go back and forth on this.  In the past, I found that I didn't like running, but there is something in me, that says I need to try again.  I would really love to run in one of the runDisney events.  I would, of course, start with a 5K.  I'm also thinking that I might try to do a run to earn money for charity.

I want to spend more quality time with my family.  I love them and enjoy spending time with them.  I really want to make that time be the best it can.  Which does mean that we need to turn the technology off more.

I want to make and stick to a budget.  No matter what income bracket you're in, there is always more you want, but still less that you could live with.  I think we often forget this.  I am working to remember this, and trying to make our family the best it can be for less.  This does include couponing, like this trip to Walgreens, and I'll be investigating other deals too.

I also want to find me.  I'll let you know what that means when I figure it out.

So why, did I make this resolution, and why did I make it last Friday?  It was my birthday.

Here is a picture of the chocolate chip cookie cake, I made.

Here is the cake as I made and decorated it.

Sprout wanted to help.

Mental note, need to add sprinkles to the shopping list.

The final product.  The sprinkles made it better.
This year, my birthday gift to myself, is me!

3 comments:

  1. Everything is better with sprinkles!!!
    Loving the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful cake and an excellent, rejuvenating start to a new year! Looking forward to sharing it with you wherever "home" is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! Those are good goals for next year. I am still a terrible runner, and don't get out as often as I like, but I especially love running as a mom. It's my time to get out alone and zone out to music I don't listen to with the kids around. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message. I love "talking" with other adults.

SwagBucks

Search Amazon