She was a great help as JGD trimmed the ends off his fringed pieces. (And then we added them to her Sensory Tub for this week.)
So what is JGD doing?
Now this wasn't what we had planned originally. We were going to knot the fringes, but after a phone call from the Jolly Green Uncle (who was making his own blanket for Project Linus and Disney's Give a Day Get a Disney Day) we decided to cut very tiny slits and tuck the fringes through there.
Here is JGD's final project.
Mine has taken a little longer. I started on February 14th and just finished it today. In retrospect, I probably should have picked an easier pattern, especially because I had to double the size of the original blanket, but that's okay.
I love taking pictures, but am not a big fan of being in them, but to get credit for the project, I need to have a picture of me working on the blanket. Here I am working on my final square!
This is what all of the squares look like piled up.
I needed to lay out all the squares to make sure I had the order right as I sewed everything together.
Here is my final project.
I really want to thank Disney for this project. As it has made me feel really good, and I know that I want to make more blankets for Project Linus in the future. I also think that I will try to make some blankets for Etsy.com. I just need to figure out how I want to do it. I would love to make them by request, but I'm not sure how long they will take me to finish, and how that fits into the real world for buyers. I would love to hear your thoughts!