Monday, April 12, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday - Rainbow Colors

Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth
Rainbow Colors


(I'm not a first timer that was left over from the Menu Plan Monday post I did. Sorry.)


This week's theme for Muffin Tin Monday is Rainbow Colors. We haven't really done many of the color themes, so I really wanted to make sure to do a tin this week.



This week Sprout had (starting in the bowl, a biscuit with apricot preserve (Orange, I had actually planned this to be grape jelly and thus purple, but apparently we don't have any.) Then in the tin we have (clockwise from the top left): Red peppers (red), Carrots (orange), leftover Annie's Macaroni and Cheese, served cold (let's say yellow), kiwi, edamame (green), strawberries (more red).



I was debating giving Sprout the biscuit because last time I did she stuck her fingers in it said "sticky" and refused to eat. So I didn't give it to her at first. And as is her normal she ate the strawberries and kiwi first. Then I gave her the biscuit and she played with it. So I took it back, and she asked for it back. I showed her how to take a bit and then she ate the half right up.
She also ate most of the macaroni and cheese and all of the edamame.  She ate some of the carrots and peppers (which was a little weird because she has been asking for the baby carrots everytime she sees them, I guess they're not as sweet as the fruit), but really enjoyed moving everything she didn't want to eat into one muffin cup.

And of course she ended lunch going through the Walgreens flyer.  (She found some pretty good deals too!)






To see some other colorful Muffin Tins go to Muffintinmom.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. I love "talking" with other adults.

SwagBucks

Search Amazon